Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Boy, I'm tired! We had such a long day running around, doing errands, shopping, etc., but we had a little fun while we were at it too. The Music City Mall in Odessa was hosting an Exotic Animal Preserve Fund Raiser type thing and the kids just had to get their picture made with a 9 day old tiger cub. Isn't she so cute! Of course my own babies are adorable too. Sonya had to get the little tiger ears and Nathan got a little stuffed white tiger, but all the money goes to the preserve, so it's going to a good cause. The kids also got to see a 4 month old lion cub and 2 little bear cubs, baby animals are just too cute!


Oh, and don't forget to notice Nathan's hat, it's this years hat from the World Championship Barbado's Cookoff and Rodeo. I've mentioned it before, but now that I've joined the Chamber of Commerce, I'll actually be volunteering my time during Barbado. I've also decided to have all my entries on my blog this week be about the Barbado and what all goes on.

There are all kinds of things to do, people to see, some shopping and of course all the good food. Now, being a judge can be a bit risky, that's why I've only judged things like the bread contest and the ice cream contest. Those are things that are hard to get wrong, but I've heard that when someone does an actual Barbados wrong, ugh! Hopefully the judges have strong stomachs and have taken some Mylanta.

Well, untill next time!

1 comment:

MaBunny said...

Oh they are so cute! Love Sonyas little cub ears!
Haven't been able to talk lately, but Chris' cousin Brett and his family will soon be moving to the Midland/Odessa area. His job made him an offer he couldn't pass up.
Will let you know when they get out there!

HGTV Dream Home 2010