Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ugh, I'm so sore!

Oh, my poor aching back! I've been doing the DIY/Home Improvement weekend warrior thing the last 2 days, started with FINALLY planting all my rosemary bushes in the flower bed along my carport. And, well, how about I just show you what all I did this weekend.


Here's my rosemary plants planted behind my Russian mealy sage and my dark purple petunias. I bought the petunias at the Garden Club plant sale this year and the sage was from last years plant sale and it came back so pretty this spring. The rosemary is called Tuscan Blue and should have some pretty purplish-blue flowers over the summer. And even better, the deer don't like rosemary!

This is my front porch. I ordered the little fake topiaries since they have the lights already on them and I thought it would make for a nicer curb appeal. Also, since I don't have any hand rails around my porch, I use the window boxes to help add a little more interest and definition to the porch. I bought the hot pink petunias at the Garden Club Sale, too.


This is the south side of my house that gets TONS of sun, all day! And any plant that can make it over there can be listed as one of the toughest plants on earth. So far, the only plants that have survived are a couple of varieties of lavender, now which ones, I'm not sure. I planted about 5 different varieties over there last year and it seems like only 2 of them survived. Today I dug up and rearranged the lavender as well as planted 2 "knock-out" rose bushes and transplanted my 2 "Climbing Joseph's Coat" from the carport flower bed to the south side of the house, too.




So, that was a lot of digging and moving around for this weekend. I'll be lucky to get out of bed tomorrow, but I'll sure have a lot of mileage to add to my Walk Across Texas Team-the Petal Pushers (the Garden Club team, obviously). Hope everyone had a good weekend and til next time.

1 comment:

MaBunny said...

Oh how pretty Nik! I want to see your house in person! maybe someday soon.... ;)) love ya and miss all of you!

HGTV Dream Home 2010