Friday, April 24, 2009

Latest News

Oh boy, what a busy week, but first have to share this adorable ad with you:

Isn't he SO CUTE! Let's all go AWWWW! The puppy looks just like Oscar did when I first saw him, no wonder I just had to bring him home. Since then he's had Parvo and completely recovered from it, but today, he had his surgery so that now he won't be trying to have so much "fun" with our poor cat Joy or with Sonya's poor pink stuffed bunny rabbit.

So, now he's very upset with my hubbie since my hubbie is always the one to take Oscar to the vet and every visit to the vet has involved some type of shot or pain and right now Oscar doesn't really like being with my hubbie. Right now Oscar likes being snuggled up against me as close as he can get. Have to admit it's kind of nice having a hubbie who is off every other Friday so that he can take care of that kind of business for me and that way my sweet little weiner dog doesn't associate me with the pain of going to the vet. But boy, what a grudge my little doggie holds against my hubbie!

Now on to my 2 legged children and all our escapades this week. Nathan has had Little League practice Monday - Thursday for the last 2 weeks and Wednesday they actually had their first scrimmage game. Nathan made several good hits and I thought they looked pretty good, but they ended up not winning. Oh well, now they've had a look at what the other team is capable of and they can change their tactics accordingly

Sonya has also had a practice session, one practice session. She was supposed to have a practice yesterday, but since we had some wonderful thuderstorms roll in, her practice was called off. Which was actually better for both of us since she had already gone to dance class from 4:15-5:30. After dropping her off at dance class, I had gone to the Chamber of Commerce meeting (my hubbie and I finally joined this year) and hubbie had gone with Nathan to his Little League practice at 5pm. Good thing the Chamber meeting is right across the parking lot from where the dance class is so I just had to sneak out at 5:30 and get Sonya.

Good thing I snuck out at that time cause I was able to tell everyone when I got back into the meeting that it was starting to sprinkle. That started a mad dash to the door by 3/4 of the members in attendance since it had been a nice day and this is a VERY small town, so people have a tendency to leave their cars unlocked and the windows down.

I'm glad I was able to go to this meeting, I've missed the last few for some reason or other, but this is the last meeting before the World Championship Barbados Cook-off and Rodeo that the Chamber sponsors every year. It's loads of fun, there's lots stuff to eat, lots of stuff to see, live music and off course, all the different cook-off's!

My husband won 2 years ago with my Dad's recipe for Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and then I won last year in the bread category with my Homemade Cinnamon Rolls. You win a really cool cast iron brand (I'll have to get a picture of them and post them later) for your trophy and also some prize money! Woo-Hoo!

Anyway, it's really a lot of fun, lots of people getting together, guys grilling over open flames (of course the Volunteer Fire Department keeps a truck out there all weekend, just in case), a mud pit tug of war, and did I mention lots of food!

Well, hopefully I'll work on getting some good pics from around Rankin soon and I can make my blog a little bit more personalized, show y'all where the Barbados takes place, some of the other interesting sites around etc. Oh and speaking of interesting sites, please note I have added a new link to a cool wiener dog site called The Long and Short of it All. They have all kinds of cool information and fun stuff about all things dachshund. So, I hope y'all have a good weekend, and until next time, enjoy exploring The Long and Short of it All!

1 comment:

MaBunny said...

Gosh, your schedule sounds just as busy as mine! Yes, the add is adorable and up until I read it I thought you had posed Oscar in one of your flower pots!
Love ya and have a great weekend!

HGTV Dream Home 2010