Friday, April 10, 2009

Bad ADD Day

Ok, I came up here to my work to try to get caught up on some of my LOADS of stuff to do, took my ADD medication, and it just doesn't seem to want to work today! Sometimes it just works out that way, usually I'm just to tired for even a prescription stimulant to get my tired brain over the hump and out of the ADD fog.

That has to be it since I went to bed later then normal, then had to get up at the same normal time since little Oscar had his checkup with the vet. this morning at 8:00 a.m., in Midland. For those who don't know, I live exactly 52 miles due south of Midland. So, we had to get up, didn't get my shower (which really helps me to get in the "work" mood), had to get ready, make sure the kids were dressed, didn't stink, had brushed their teeth as good as I could get them to, etc. and get everyone, including the dog out the door by about 6:30. Then we had to go to the one and only gas station in town, get fuel for the car and people, drop me off at work at about 7-ish and then the rest of them were on their way to town for the 8am vet. appointment.

Well, I cleaned up around my desk, straightened the piles and then got online. My brain just doesn't want to do anything. I think I'm going to cut my losses this morning, go home, take a nap, then come back this afternoon after the kids start driving me nuts. I'm not really a morning person anyway, never have been, ask my mom-I was born at 9:56pm.

Oh, I did add a new favorite blog on here-everyone welcome the Wonderful World of Weiners! I had to add her since I too have my weiner dog, Oscar Mayer! So, go check out her blog, she's hysterical and always has some great pictures!

Well, time to hit the road to go home, just can't get the brain out of the fog, as ya'll can probably tell from my scattered and disorganized ramblings today. Oh, well, hopefully I'll be better this afternoon!

***************************************

It's several hours later and the family is back from the vet and Oscar received a clean bill of health, WOO HOO! He did have to get another booster shot and he also got his Rabies shot, too. We knew oscar was about 5-6 months of age, he was about 2 months old when we got him at the end of January and since it's now April, almost 3 months later, low and behold-the vet said he is 5 months and 9 days old! Now, how he could get THAT specific, I have no clue, but oh, well, we now have a November birthday in the family.

And since he is old enough now, he has an appointment in 2 weeks to get fixed. Shhh, don't tell him what that means, he'll sulk for the next 2 weeks and it will take steak and bacon to get him to feeling better.

And now for Picture Time-here's a picture of Sonya helping Oscar show off his new collar and his new "Bling", his rabies tag.
And here's Nathan getting in on the photo session, too!
And finally, here's Oscar saying it's time for a nap Mamma, I've had a long day!

3 comments:

MaBunny said...

LOL! Your ramblings sound perfectly normal to me! That probably has something to do with us being BFFS for what? going on 20 yrs+ now? lol.
Hope Oscar does well at his check up! love and meiss ya! have a good Easter!

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Hey Nikki!! Thanks for giving the WWoW a shout out on your blog today!! Very cool!!

And I love your Oscar!! Seriosuly, he is simply adorable!

And my youngest has ADD so I know a lot of what you are dealing with.

Hallie :)

MaBunny said...

Glad for the clean bill of health! and in the photos I notice miss Sonya lost a front tooth! both are adorable!

HGTV Dream Home 2010