Thursday, February 26, 2009

WORK WORK WORK!

Ugh! I hate it when I have so much work to do on my computer at work that I don't even want to see another computer, let alone get on one and actually do something that I normally enjoy, after I get home from a long day at work. I've been spending almost 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, working almost strictly on my work computer , that by the time I come home, I have a tension headache, my eyes are hurting from eye strain, my fingers are swollen and sore, and my lower back and bottom are killing me from sitting almost all day.

In the morning, my poor fingers and hands are practically claws cause they have cramped up over night. Takes a nice hot shower to finally get them to relax and loosen up. And thank goodness I have my Wii fit to play on at lunch time. I don't exercise as much as I should, but I at least use it for a good 15-20 minutes, just to loosen up my body after I've been sitting at my desk all morning.

So, until I'm no longer swamped at work, I probably won't be blogging as often as I should, but I do still check my email when I can, just don't expect a lot of replies for the next week or so, for the same reason I'm keeping this message short, my fingers are telling me they are done for the day.

2 comments:

MaBunny said...

Sorry to hear about your fingers. and I totally understand not wanting to be on the puter to play when you've worked on one all day.
Glad everything is going well...

Michael Edson, MS, L.Ac. said...

Thank you for raising these questions about the accuracy of this study. As eye care holistic practitioners, we see or get contacted by people all over the Country that suffer from eye diseases such as macular degeneration, and complained of sudden bleeding in the retina shortly after cataract surgery.

If someone has a retinal disease and absolutely needs cataract surgery, we suggest they take specific nutrients in correct dosages that are known to strengthen the retina and related blood vessels.

Some of the nutrients include: lutein, zeaxanthin, bilberry, grapeseed extract, gingko biloba and omega-3 fatty acids.

For more related information, go to Natural Eye Care Eye
=========================================================
COMPUTER EYE STRAIN

Along with proper ergonomics, taking regular breaks from the computer to do eye exercises can help prevent or reduce the effects of computer eye strain.

Our eyes and vision were designed for viewing distance as hunters and gatherers, and not for ongoing near work as required by regular computer use. As a result, Computer Eye Strain is becoming one of the major eye complaints heard by eye doctors today.

Symptoms can include increased myopia, blurred vision, headaches, slow refocusing, difficulty concentrating, neck, shoulder and back pain

Eye strain can be reduced significantly by taking regular breaks from the computer, resting your eyes, stretching and doing eye exercises.

For a demo of 3 great eye exercises by Dr. Grossman, one of the Country's leading behavioral optometrists, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W10j2fL0hy0

Dr. Grossman also offers his free eye exercise booklet at his website at Natural Eye Care Free Eye Exercises with his 11 favorite eye exercises and acupressure eye points to massage regularly.

Finally, there is also an excellent section at his website on "Computer Eye Strain" under "Eye Diseases" that provides a Computer Eye Strain “Self-Help“ section with great tips of relieving eyestrain due to computer use.

Also, a few research studies show that supplementing with 6mg per day of astaxanthin per day significantly improved eye strain at week 2 and 4 of the test period.

For more information, go to Natural Eye Care for Computer Eye Strain

HGTV Dream Home 2010