Friday, January 30, 2009

Long, long, long week...

It's been a really long week for me out here this week. Got a call Tuesday evening that my nephew had been hit by a blue mini van while walking to school that morning. The van just kept going, never stopped or anything. When he was hit, he ended up landing on his hip, breaking his hip and his pelvic bones. Thank goodness he had his cell phone with him and was able to call for help.

So, he was taken to one of the best trauma hospitals in that area and has received wonderful care, at least that's what I hear since I'm not able to be there. :( That's one of the problems with living way out here in the boonies of West Texas. Anyway, he is supposed to be having surgery today to put everything back together with plates, screws and bolts, that sort of thing, then he'll probably have to stay in the hospital for another week after that, then he'll probably have several months of physical therapy to get him back in tip top shape. And thankfully his injuries weren't any worse then they are because we all know it COULD have been so much worse.

When I talked to him yesterday, I teased him that he'll never make it through a metal detector since he's going to be part cyborg now. At least I got a bit of a laugh out of him and hopefully it cheered him up a little bit. We haven't heard if the police are doing anything about his case or what. Pretty frustrating for me since I work with law enforcement and judicial personel on a daily basis (eg. Sheriff's Deputies, Troopers, District and County Attorneys, etc.), so since I know how the system works, hard not knowing if it's going to work for my nephew and bring justice to those awful offenders who did this to him.

So, keep him and his family in your thoughts right now, pray that Justice will be dealt out before the offenders meet their Maker on The Other Side so that we can have some peace that this won't happen to anyone else and their family.

And finally, THANK YOU to the Guardian Angels, Spirit Guides and everyone in Heaven above who made sure that our wonderful guy is still here with us today!

1 comment:

MaBunny said...

Hityas Hun! I hope the police are able to do something too, but we both know how that might go:) I am still going to try to get there this weekend!

HGTV Dream Home 2010