Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I want a puppy!


That's what I told my hubbie I wanted for Valentines day this morning. But not just any puppy, I want a Pomerainian. Now many of you don't know that I used to help my dad handle his Staffordshire Bull Terriers and the lady who taught me handled one of my dad's dogs Sire. She actually handled quite a few dogs for the show rings, Staffies being one, as well as Rotweilers, but the breed that her and her family actually bred and showed in the rings were Pommies.

While she was training me and my dad's puppy, she was also training some of their Pommie puppies and I just fell in love! They were bred to be companion dogs, meaning, they are pretty perky but are perfectly happy just to sit on a lap and be loved on. Now, I have several cats, but since my sweet little Snowflake (that's his picture sitting on the monitor) went missing(still no sign of him and no idea what happened that one night he got out), none of my cats has stepped in to fill the empty space he left behind. He was probably more like a little dog then a cat cause he was my constant little companion. He loved to snuggle with me at night and play with me when the mood struck him and when I would go outside to garden, he would just follow right behind me like my little shadow.

So, a few weeks ago, a co-worker asked if anybody wanted a puppy because she knew someone going back to college and they couldn't take the puppy with them. Well, I asked lots of questions and turned out it was a Pomerainian. I told her I would be glad to take the puppy off her hands, but then she looked online, saw all the adorable pictures and said well, maybe they might keep her. That was 2 weeks ago and they still have her.

I've been a little depressed ever since. So, I told my hubbie today that I want a Pomerainian puppy for Valentines Day, actually it would probably be a gift to me and the kids cause they want a puppy too. And I don't think at this point they would care what kind it was as long as it's cute, but even Great Dane puppies are adorable! So, since I've been around Pommies a lot and know what to expect from them, I think a Pommie would make a great addition to our home.
Heck, even one of our neighbors has a pretty blonde pommie and he takes her for a walk every night and one of our cats waits at the corner and she and the pommie play in our yard for a few minutes before he makes his pommie move on. So, she probably wouldn't mind having a pommie of her own to play with! And I don't thing the rest of us would mind either! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can find someone way out here in the boonies who actually breeds nice quality Pommies. Might be looking for a needle in a haystack, but I'll bring me a magnet!

2 comments:

MaBunny said...

Pommies aren't that bad, they are cute, but I think they look like little dustmops with feet. And they yap - but they are cute:)) Hope you get a cutsey little pom for V Day:) and of course chocolate!

konnie said...

Thank you for your post. I also just recently found out about this autism program, never knew that such was available. Did you ever hear about such programs before? Anyhows, keep up your blog posts, look forward to reading them.

HGTV Dream Home 2010