Monday, January 12, 2009

I LOVE MY Wii FIT!

I've finally found something that is really helping me lose weight and who would have thought it would be a video game! I love doing Wii Fit! Since we bought it a little before Thanksgiving, I've lost almost 10 lbs! WOO HOO! That includes gaining some weight over the Holidays and then losing it all over again, so from my maximum weight to my lowest weight, which is from today, is almost 10 lbs.

Now, it's not just the Wii Fit though, I've also been trying to eat healthier. In the morning I'll mix up a protein shake in my Bullet knockoff little mixer, usually vanilla with some cinnamon sprinkled in since it's supposed to help keep bloodsugar levels even, and then on my lunch hour I'll do about 20 minutes of exercise on the Wii Fit and have another shake. Usually I'll have mix up about a cup worth of fruit with milk and the protein powder and drink it down while I'm watching the 12:00 news.

If I get hungry at work, I've got a big sandwich bag of roasted almonds that I can get a handful from and snack away. They are supposed to be heart healthy and full of protein. So, I really don't get that hungry anymore, except when I'm supposed to-every 3-4 hours or so. I've also noticed I don't get the cravings for sweets like I used to. Now I haven't been able to give up my major vice of Diet Cokes, but I do make sure I have a big bottle of water right along side my Diet Coke and take as many sips out of it as I do out of the Coke can.

For dinner, I've tried to just decrease my portion sizes since we've never been a real "Chicken Fried Steak and Potatoes" type family. We love our pasta's and I've been trying to add more vegetables to dinner, but have to admit it's been a challenge getting the kids to eat healthier, but I keep trying.

So, I'll keep ya'll posted on the weight loss and hopefully I'll just keep getting smaller and smaller. I'm hoping I can fit into an outfit I bought about 4 months before I got pregnant with Nathan. I'll be happy with that. I wasn't a skinny minny, never have been, but I certainly looked and felt a lot better back then. Wish me luck and if anyone else out there is waging war on being overwight, let me know!

2 comments:

MaBunny said...

Oh Nik, I'm soo proud of you! I'm jealous but I'm proud. I want a Wii and Wii Fit so bad I can taste it. Do an exercise or two for me! and I would LOVE to bowl on WII!

MaBunny said...

YOu've been tagged! come see my blog and get the directions!!

HGTV Dream Home 2010