Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rankin won again and so did Michelle!


Our Junior High Red Devils won again this week and it was the longest drive to the shortest game ever!

Sanderson is about an hour and a half to hour forty five minutes away, but I was invited to join Hal, the newspaper editor, and his wife for the drive down. Finally getting some time to chat with some great adults, and not having to listen to my children arguing in the back seat, certainly made the drive very enjoyable, not to mention the beautiful scenery.

But anyway, as soon as I saw the other team, I knew it was going to be a pretty one sided game, but never imagined it would be over at 1/2 time. Six man team rules state that if one team is up by 45 points at 1/2 time or later, the game is over. So, after watching our big guys score touchdown after touchdown for 2 quarters, Rankin was ahead 56-7 when the 1/2 time buzzer sound and the end of the game was announced.

Nathan got to play for just about the whole 2nd quarter, so he was very excited and was telling his dad and I all about it when we finally got home. I'm so glad he's been enjoying playing football, finally he talks about something other than video games!

Oh, and I need to give credit where credit is due, the picture above of my own Nathan,#54, was taken by Hal, not me. He gets to get down on the sidelines and get some awesome closeups! Way to go Hal!

____________________


And The Movie Quotes Contest that MaBunny and I co-hosted is over! Congratulations to Michelle at Honest and Truley! That was fun and we'll have to do that again, maybe for my 100th post. . . hmmmm!

No comments:

HGTV Dream Home 2010