Sunday, August 17, 2008

New News on People with ADD/ADHD

Ok, with Michael Phelps big Gold Medal Win number 8 under his Speedo Laser Swimsuit, (well, I can't use the phrase "under his belt", cause the man doesn't wear one when he's swimming), I thought I would bring attention to the fact that he was diagnosed with ADHD when he was 9 years old (to find him and other celebrities, like Ty Pennington-with ADD/ADHD-click here).

I think my nephew was diagnosed a year or so earlier than that, and since we were all reading books to find out more about ADD/ADHD to try all we could to help him (we've always been a family of readers), it was at that time that I found a book by Dr. Lynn Weiss (can't remember which one, she has so many) that talked about a 3rd type of ADD called, at the time, Inattentive ADD. And I realized, she was talking about me!

It was then, I checked out all her books at the library and bought her book about adults and ADD in the workplace. Boy, that book really helped me learn how to deal with my ADD and what I could do to help myself. I think I need to order another copy, might help me get myself more organized at work and since it seems as women get older and start having chemical changes in their bodies, ADD can get worse. At least that's what my doctor says! And I know he's right!

2 comments:

Mabunny said...

I'll come back and read this later but you have a meme on my blog to do so stop by soon!

Mabunny said...

Wow Nik, didn't know that about Ty, and Micheal Phelps.
Hope you had a good weekend!

HGTV Dream Home 2010