Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Under West Texas Skies!

Well, we had a lot of fun at the Under West Texas Skies shindig thing, but Nathan had the most by winning the ice cream eating contest! So, I just checked and they haven't put his interview up there yet, but they are probably not even back at their studio yet. Takes about an hour to get to Midland from here, and since they hadn't left when we did (which was about 7pm), unless they drive like maniacs, they probably aren't there by now. But here is the link where they should add Nathan's interview: News West 9 (and Mom as you can tell Nathan's shirt fits and comes in handy when you see him in the background of other interviews).

If there is an interview with a guy about a corn patch maze etc., if you look real close behind them, you see a woman with auburn hair, a brown sleeveless shirt and a litttle tattoo on her right shoulder, you have really good eyes and you're looking at me! We bought some of his popcorn and its really good, don't know why he says something about mushroom corn, tastes like old fashioned kettle corn to me! Maybe I just haven't eaten enough yet to get the full effect ;)) lol

We didn't get the full 6pm news, our satellite lost their signal, so didn't get to see what all they showed, but FYI Sonya is wearing a pink sundress and a hot pink headband and was mostly playing on the big slide during the 6pm news and I saw the camera pan her way a few times. So, she might be there. Nathan is easy to see in his white and red stripe shirt with the black doodles all over it (Nathan loves it by the way mom!) William is wearing his usual drab black shirt with jeans and he was sitting most of the time with his broke foot propped up on something. Might get glimpses of us here and there.

Some of the interviews I saw of people I know are: Donna Bell and the Rankin Museum, Abel Armendarez and Frank Abalos about the train depot, Dot Sullivan and her dolls (I was right behind her booth when they did her interview so I might be seen there) and Don Bell with Tricia Bells Chimes, they are my across the street neighbors, so when I went to buy a set of his chimes, I got the neighbor discount. I also know the winner of the Ugliest Dog, poor little Mack the scotty hasn't been to the doggie stylist in a while, so Glenda decided to enter him, and sure enough he won. She said she's getting him an appointment as soon as she can cause he's really a cute little dog normally.

All in all, it was pretty cool having all the newspeople there running around, some were kind of snooty, but most of them were pretty cool and down to earth. And they kept saying just how friendly everyone was and how it seemed like a great place to raise a family or to retire after your done raising them! So, after I get the camera all hooked up and am not quite so tuckered out, I'll download the pictures I took and put them on here for everyone to see!

Till, next time!

No comments:

HGTV Dream Home 2010