Monday, July 28, 2008

Here's a couple of hints....and fond farewells.

Hints first for my NAME THAT MOVIE! contest. First, we all know Bryan Adams creates great songs for some awesome movies. So, only goes to show that of course he shows up twice on my list. And for one of them, well, if you look at the playlist, you'll see what it's from, has something to do with horses. The other is a little harder, but here's the hint-the lead actor in this movie, from many years ago, has recently had a lot of practice parading around as a 1/2 drunk, but brilliant pirate.

And for your second clue, that 1/2 drunk pirate, ran around with someone else on the pirate ship who previously performed in 3 other movies that have several songs on my playlist, too. When you send me your answers, make sure you're very clear as to which specific movie of the trilogy the song went with. Those in the know will know what I'm talking about.

So far, Mabunny is in the lead with 13 right out of 14 answers, sorry, but you didn't get that REALLY, REALLY, REALLY tough one my hubbie came up with. He was the one with that soundtrack, if that gives you a hint. ;)

To enter, go to my NAME THAT MOVIE! post and enter your answers in a comment. I'll keep moderating those comments and reply to you and let you know how you're doing. The contest ends on Saturday, August 2nd, and all comments will be posted on Sunday. My Sunday post will also announce the winner! The prize will be a gift pack of organic bath spa goodies, in either a Natural scent for those with sensitive skin, or fruit juicy Pomegranate (those plants are EVERYWHERE out here, must of been a Johnny Pomegranate instead of Appleseed who came through Rankin).

Now on to other matters-MY NEPHEW IS GOING TO THE UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS-YEAH! OK, just had to get that out, I'm so excited for him, he is going to do so well there. GOOD LUCK JUSTIN AND CONGRATULATIONS!

I do have to confess though, I've been borrowing one of his graduation presents for a little while before I send it to him, so I could read it. Now I'm really glad I did because-and I'm going to spill the beans on this part, but I'll keep my nephew wondering on the rest of his present-I got all the graduates on my list The Last Lecture and now Professor Randy Pausch has died. His book is awesome and I feel privileged that I can pass this information on to the next generation and I hope that it will inspire those who have received and will receive this book.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends, and students, as well as with all of those whose lives he touched with his wonderful works and accomplishments, even while he faced his own tragic future of terminal pancreatic cancer. Thank you Professor Pausch for showing us how to live!

1 comment:

Mabunny said...

Hey there Nik! Please go by my blog - there is something there for you! Love ya and have a great day!

HGTV Dream Home 2010