Thursday, July 24, 2008

The clips are there!

Yea! They finally got the clips on the News West 9 site, so everyone check my previous entry for the website and go to UNDER WEST TEXAS SKIES and there are all the clips for my little town of Rankin. Especially check out the "Ice Cream Contest" and "Ice Cream Contest Winner" since my son won! His little sister was just to his right during the contest and you can just make her out trying to spoon into that wonderful Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

Now if you don't get Blue Bell in your town, I'm so, so , so, sorry. Good thing you don't know what you're missing cause it is the absolute best commercial Ice Cream you can buy. Now, it's not as good as my Dad's blue ribbon winning homemade ice cream (mentioned in a previous blog about Barbados) but it's the next best thing. Right now I'm daydreaming about the 1/2 gallon of the new Candy Jar flavor I have in my freezer. I bought it yesterday morning, but since I got to have my son's leftovers after the contest, I didn't get to try it, but it's getting dug into tonight.

The one bad thing about living in a town that's over 1/2 an hour away from the rest of civilization-your ice cream melts on the way home, but we are blessed that Blue Bell is carried at our local Rankin Drive In. And Judy will ask the delivery person for a specific flavor for you if you have a craving for it. That's how I got my Candy Jar flavor. I saw her Monday evening, the Blue Bell truck comes on Tuesday and I had my new treat Wednesday morning. Works for us! Can't wait, getting hungry just thinking about it!


No comments:

HGTV Dream Home 2010