Sunday, March 30, 2008

Gardening!

Yep, it's that time of year again, my fingers just start itching to start digging! So, of course off to Lowe's and Walmart I went to check out those garden centers! Woo Hoo! Good thing it was just me and Sonya in the car, cause we wouldn't have had room for anyone else! At Lowe's I got 3 bushes to replace the 4 UGLY, OVERGROWN, MANEATERS that are in our front yard. Boy they are awful. Just so overgrown and sickly, just can't describe them, guess I'll take some before and after pictures. Oh, I'm thinking MAKEOVER! Well, more like that show on DIY-DESPERATE LANDSCAPES. Boy ours is! We have about 1 1/2 acres and only 1/3 of it is actually "developed" rest has just been left to the deer, which are numerous-I saw about 9 of them in our lot one evening when I was taking the trash out. Really cool from a city girl point of view, but from a gardener point of view-they're pests!

So, I've been doing research, seeing what types of plants the deer won't usually eat cause they'll eat anything if they're hungry enough, looking through catalogs and maybe I have figured out what I'll be doing. It'll be slow and steady, but isn't that how some of the best gardens come together? Plus, since I know I'll be the one doing most of the digging, planting, watering etc., it will take a little more time then usual, but that's OK, I enjoy it and the rewards of lots of butterflies, hummingbirds and even the deer, make it worth it!

Time for bed, this poor girl with a green thumb is ready for to hit the sack, more soon!

2 comments:

Mabunny said...

Hiyas nik!
check out micheels blog, she has a dying plant, she might send you a shoot from, it was an heitrloom. (michellekemperbrownlowwrites4kids.blogspot.com)

You do beuatiful gardening work, I don't , but am thinking of tyring to plant some pretty flowers in the small bed outside our house , see how that goes, lol.

will write more to u later!

love ya

Nikki said...

Thanks, I try to do good work, but sometimes it just doesn't work the way I want. I'm glad little one is doing better, so far we haven't had anything bad out the top, it's just been the bottom. That's bad enough though isn't it.
Talk to you later,
nikki

HGTV Dream Home 2010