Monday, December 17, 2007

I HAVE ADD!

Yeah, I've finally been diagnosed with ADD, not hyperactive, cause I'm not hyper, but the inwardly directed type. That just means that instead of my body being the thing running 90 mph, it's my mind. So, I knew I would get diagnosed with the ADD, but I was also diagnosed as having Anxiety. That was a surprise to me, but I have had that before during a particurlary stressful time of my life at a previous employer. Don't want to go there, was a terrible time and I ended up quitting a job for the first and only time in my life.

So, Friday, I was given a prescription for Focalin and something for anti-anxiety. Took the anti-anxiety Friday evening, and it worked, slept well for the first time in a long time. And Saturday was the first time I took the Focalin. Boy, I noticed that the fog lifted off my brain in about an hour. It was WONDERFUL! This is how it's suposed to be!

The kids and I went to town and had a wonderful day, I only forgot to go to Sears to pick up their pictures, but with all the traffic at the mall, I probably wanted to forget, so I probably subconciously blocked it out on purpose. But we did all the other running around picking up gifts for my son's class, one for someone in my daughter's class, got all the stuff for all my baking and candy making for work and kids schools. Got the gifts for the co-workers and even remembered to find the something my husband wanted. Didn't get to stressed at all the people or at the kids pulling me everywhich way, which says something with all the holiday stuff going on everywhere.

All in all I have been doing wonderful so far. Today will be my first day on Focalin at work, so I'll have to do another message tonight or tomorrow after work and see how it all goes. See what type of difference the meds make on my job performance and if I get everything done I need to.

Till Later!

No comments:

HGTV Dream Home 2010